[hobbit] Runtime longer than time limit (300)

Chris Wopat chrisw at supranet.net
Tue Sep 1 17:34:17 CEST 2009

Josh Luthman wrote:
> Even when blue Xymon does the tests.  If the server is offline it will
> timeout on the DNS tests (as well as other tests obvIously).
>
> No bug, expected behavior.

It taking 7 minutes to timeout still seems wrong. I also normally expect
if a server is unreachable via ICMP it doesn't do further tests.

 From what I can tell the DNS check comes from [bbnet] which I have at a
default of 15:

[bbnet]
         ENVFILE /usr/local/www/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
         NEEDS hobbitd
         CMD bbtest-net --report --ping --checkresponse --timeout=15
         LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/bb-network.log
         INTERVAL 5m

`bbtest.net --help` lists a --dns-timeout option but that says it
defaults to 30, so something still seems wrong.

--Chris