Special bb-hosts file just for reporting

Harold J. Ballinger hballinger at heritage-healthcare.com
Tue Oct 20 20:41:55 CEST 2009

Is there any way that I can have a special customized bb-hosts file that I use just for generating an availability report?

For example, I want to have a bb-hosts file that has friendly COMMENT tags, etc and that is grouped the way that our service catalog is grouped. This way I can generate an availability report that makes sense when demonstrating to the executive team.

However, I want the layout of my normal monitoring system to be layed out logically in the way that makes sense to our IT team.

Is there any way to run a command that will generate an availability report using a different bb-hosts file?

Thanks!

-

Harold Ballinger
IT Manager