[hobbit] checking websites and DNS registration with xymon

David Hay Currie dhaycurrie at leisurefitness.com
Mon Oct 12 23:12:14 CEST 2009

Thanks Henrik.
I got the dnsreg working, which is great because one of the domains was expired since Saturday and I did not know about it.
I can't really write scripts, so for me writing a script is a bit difficult. I can understand some of the coding, but I have never studied programming.
So, that brings me to the problem that I have no idea how to write a script to check the IP address of a domain. If you could put an example of the IP script it would be a great help.
About my point 3 for the DoS of the server. We have 30 domains, and they are all pointing to the same web page. Whenever a http check fails, it fails for 2 domains at the same time, that is why I think either it creates a bottleneck on the server, or at the xymon server. I doubt the xymon server is the problem, so I am thinking the IIS server for the web site gets confused or worked up :p.
This does not happen with the other 3 domains that have separate hosting and web pages.

David