Most stable version?

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Fri Oct 9 04:33:14 CEST 2009

Can't help on the stability, but the RRD migration is simple.
However, before you do it, check if you need to.
The problem has to do with big-endian, little-endian issue.
This page explains it better. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endianness

Also, from the same page, we see that the PA-RISC architecture has a switchable endian feature.
X86 (As used in the DL380 G5) is little-endian.

So, before we start, copy any rrd file from your old hobbit server to /tmp on the same server.
Then copy the file in /tmp to /tmp on the new one. (Both files should now be, byte for byte, identical)
Do an rrdtool dump on both files, and diff or checksum the output. If they are different, we need to migrate.
If they are the same, you have the same endianess, and can just copy them over.

If you need to migrate, see here.
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/08/msg00125.html

Cheers
      Vernon