Xymon thresholds using a date

Bill Richardson wrichardson at llbean.com
Thu Oct 8 22:00:02 CEST 2009

Here is my issue. From Nov 1 - Dec 30 my systems CPU, Memory and usage
in general is increased 2 to 3 time over the rest of the year. I would
like to have 2 sets of thresholds one for Jan - Oct and another for Nov
- Dec. Any way to have 2 thresholds set per system monitored?

The only thing I can think of would be to maintain 2 hobbit-clients.cfg
and copy them back and forth as needed. This may be my answer :)

Looking in the hobbit-clients.cfg MAN pages I see:

TIME=timespecification Rule matching by the time-of-day. This is speci-
       fied as the DOWNTIME time specification in  the  bb-hosts  file.
E.g.
       "TIME=W:0800:2200" applied to a rule will make this rule active
only on
       week-days between 8AM and 10PM.

So the "TIME" is available but no "Date" and you can only have one
entry. So in the example above the "TIME" rule would only be active
Monday - Friday from 08:00 - 22:00 and all other time the default would
apply.

 Anyone have this issue? Any thoughts on a better way?

Thanks