[hobbit] Xymon hosts database.

Craig Cook Craig.Cook at carquest.com
Tue Oct 6 15:19:11 CEST 2009

Looks good.

Do you have plans to introduce the "template" and/or "group" concept?

e.g.  I have a template called "Windows"  Apply it to my windows servers, they get defaults applied for thresholds.  Eg. Cpu is set to 80% warning, disk is set to 75% full, certain services are checked, etc.

Another template called "Apache"  It gets process checks for http added to the host...

My host called win-apache.example.com gets 2 templates applied to it.  You can also override default settings for each host.

Concepts from bbconfigure on deadcat ;)  Makes large scale management much easier.

Craig