Antwort: Re: [hobbit] Graphing with broken numbers

thorsten.erdmann at daimler.com thorsten.erdmann at daimler.com
Thu Oct 1 08:37:05 CEST 2009

First, sorry for the late response, I was on vacation.

> What do you mean by "broken"? Do you mean non-integers?
Yes, I mean non integer, e.g.: 22.3 deg or in german notation 22,3 °C

> I am not sure what you are trying to depict here, are you meaning
> that the DS names are Ambient______20 ? The output of 'rrdtool info
> /path/to/temp.rrd |grep ^ds' or similar may help to illustrate more
> accurately.
I mean, that the rrd graphs show up a line for each integer that ever has
occured. e.g. if I have an output line in the temperture test of

"Ambient    20.5"

I get a line named "Ambient_____20." in the rrd graph with the value 5. So
rrd recognizes the string up to the colon as the name and the part after
the colon as the value. So if now the temperature changes to 21.2 I get a
new line in the rrd graph:

Ambient_____20. with value 5
Ambient_____21. with value 2

> Which collector are you using?
I have written the test by myself and it produces an output like the
standard temperature test. I therefore use the standard temperature
collector.

This output works:

Thu Oct 1 08:30:59 CEST 2009 Temperature Test on webtherm1

Warning level:  28 C
Alarm level  :  30 C

Device                  Temp(C)  Temp(F)
green Webtherm1              24       75

This output does not work:

Thu Oct 1 08:30:59 CEST 2009 Temperature Test on webtherm1

Warning level:  28 C
Alarm level  :  30 C

Device                  Temp(C)  Temp(F)
green Webtherm1              24.5       75.5

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.