dynamic comment

bb4 at richter-it.net bb4 at richter-it.net
Mon Nov 30 14:23:21 CET 2009

Hi,

is it possible to use a dynamic comment in bb-hosts?
In Big Brother I patched mkbb2.sh to display a phone number next to the name
that changed depending of the time of day.
These phone numbers were taken from a separate config file.
But with  XYmon I only can put a comment to the line in bb-hosts and it is no
solution to run a script that changes bb-hosts every time a number has to be
changed.
I'd like to have something like "COMMENT:$SCRIPTNAME" and this script then is
called and gives you back the phone number that is then displayed next to the
server name as comment.

TIA
Torsten