[hobbit] How do you check the status from other column from scripts?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Fri Nov 27 12:36:03 CET 2009

On Friday, 27 November 2009 02:32:13 Aulestia Jimmy wrote:
> How can i check or query the values from a other column in a script?

Start with 'man bb' ...

What scripting language are you planning on using? Shell scripting? I have an
initial perl module which should make it easy to do something like this in
perl (without executing bb), but I haven't tried something like this in it. If
you are considering perl, I would make it available to get some feedback ..

> I wooul like to execute a script1 that create the COLUMN 1, this script1
> use the status, maybe COLOR

If you just want to combine some existing tests, you can have a look at
bbcombotest. Enable the task in hobbitlaunch.cfg, and see 'man bbcombotest'
and 'man bbcombotest.cfg'

> o hobbitgraph variable from  a COLUMN2

If you want values from the graphs, you need to get them out of the rrd files.
In shell scripts, you would use 'rrdtool fetch', see 'man rrdfetch'. In perl,
you could use the perl RRD module.

AFAIK, thresholds from RRD files is on the roadmap for Xymon, which might in
future allow you to do this without scripting.

Regards,
Buchan