[hobbit] AntiSpam & RBL Hits - Does it Make Sense to Monitor?

K K kkadow at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 19:29:14 CET 2009

In the past I have graphed inbound email volume via RRD,
including a 'stacked' filled-area graph of rejects showing which
DNSBL(s) triggered the reject.

Since I use 'rblsmtpd' to query 4 RBLs in series, it is useful to know
which one is performing the best, so I can move it earlier in the
sequence, or if one seldom gets a hit (or starts blocking everything)
I can remove it.

As mentioned earlier, attractive graphs are eye-pleasing to management folk.

Kevin