configuration of alerting

Kevin Kelly kkelly at lifetouch.com
Wed Nov 18 19:46:29 CET 2009

Wondering if someone could help solve my issues I am having with
configuring alerts.

I want to be able to send only certain disk and proc alerts to specific
groups. So in the example configuration below, I want to send alerts on
/appfilesystem to the server1 group, but when the file system turns red,
it goes the admin group only, instead of the server1 group.

The other is with procs. I wish to only have alerts defined(test) go to
server1 group with the exception of the time on Sunday mornings. But the
way I have it, they would also get alerts when sendmail goes red.

Hobbit-clients.cfg

HOST=server1

        PROC    test

        DISK    /appfilesystem  75 85 group=server1

DEFAULT

                DISK       *  85 95

                PROC     sendmail

Hobbit-alerts.cfg

HOST=server1 COLOR=yellow EXTIME=0:0255:0335

#       MAIL email at somewhere.com FORMAT=PLAIN SERVICE=procs DURATION>5

HOST=* COLOR=red

      MAIL admin at somewhere.com FORMAT=PLAIN SERVICE=disk,proc DURATION>5

GROUP=server1