[hobbit] Question about using no-cache on rrd for xymon 4.3.0.0.beta-2

Stewart, Tom L. Tom.Stewart at landsend.com
Sat Nov 14 00:20:10 CET 2009

I am able to give a little better update watching the .rrd files.

It always happens 1 hour apart for three times.
Xymon does not update the .rrd files for procs, users and la.

For example.

14:50 no update graph is blank between 14:45 and 14:55
15:50 no update graph is blank between 15:45 and 15:55
16:40 no update graph is blank between 16:45 and 16:55
Watching the time stamps on the files, I saw the following:

On procs.rrd, users.rrd and la.rrd at 16:46 all files were time stamped
including the rest of the .rrd files.
At 16:51 NO time stamp on procs.rrd, users.rrd, and la.rrd. All other
.rrd files were time stamped with 16:51
At 16:56 all files show proper time stamp again.

This is happening at different times on different machines, however when
I see two missing data points one hour apart, I can set my watch and see
the third missing data point one hour later.

Since this is still happening after I added the --no-cache flag, I am
still waiting to see if I added the flag properly since it does not seem
to make a difference.

Also,

Here are the packages for rrd that were installed.

rrdtool-1.2.23-1.el5.rf
rrdtool-devel-1.2.23-1.el5.rf
perl-rrdtool-1.2.23-1.el5.rf

Since I see that the three rrd files are not getting timestamped for the
one time, I would assume that it is something within Xymon. Again, I do
see any messages in the log files for either the client or server.

Thank you,
Tom