[hobbit] Server side scripts not running

Alan Sparks asparks at doublesparks.net
Thu Nov 12 22:26:28 CET 2009

Alan Sparks wrote:
> Ward, Martin wrote:
>
>> Nope, I take back my last take-back. I am still having a problem. The
>> server-side script echos a few lines to stdout and these are not
>> appearing in the log file $BBSERVERLOGS/replicate_ldap.log . I cannot
>> see any proof that the script is running.
>>

>> Any ideas?
>>

>> |\/|artin
>>

> Maybe if you echo the debugging lines to stderr instead?
> -Alan

And, you might try su-ing to your Hobbit/Zymon user, running the bbcmd
script to get an environment, and trying to run the script.  Perhaps
there is a permission problem running the script, the script can't run
what it needs as the Hobbit/Xymon user, or some such.  It seems likely
that the system has found your launch entry, if the log file exists
(albeit empty).