[hobbit] xymon client : files,ports and processes statusn is clear always

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu May 28 13:54:08 CEST 2009

On Thursday 28 May 2009 12:14:06 pankaj dorlikar wrote:
> hello,
>  i have xymon server and xymon clients installed(Linux).ports,files and
> procs status is clear always for server and clients also.Please tell me how
> to configure it ?where and which changes are to be made to do so.

It is clear, because although the client is sending the relevant data (in the
ports and procs case), you haven't configured the Xymon/Hobbit server to check
for any processes or ports. Add some to the hobbit-clients.cfg file.

If you want to monitor the presence/size/contents of files or directories, you
need to add the files/dirs that must be present there too, but additionally
need to tell the client to send data on them (by configuring this in client-
local.cfg on the server-side, and waiting for at least 2 reporting intervals).

Regards,
Buchan