[re-post] xymon notifications

J Sloan joe at tmsusa.com
Wed May 27 21:03:34 CEST 2009

We've been running big brother for some years, and we monitor several
hundred servers in 2 data centers.

We are currently running a pilot of xymon (4.3.0 svn), and just as with
big brother, we have redundant monitoring servers. A xymon server in
california monitors hosts in both california and arizona, and a xymon
server in arizona monitors hosts in both data centers as well.

For the most part, xymon is performing well, but it is a bit of an
annoyance with xymon that we get duplicate notifications, as each xymon
server sends it's own notifications for every event.

Big brother sends a single notification for each event, as controlled by
the alerting failover.

Is there any way to suppress the duplicate notifications from xymon?

Joe