[hobbit] Problem with external script and RRD-Graphs

Brand, Thomas R. TRBrand at cvs.com
Wed May 27 16:55:09 CEST 2009

> After editing the hobbitserver.cfg and hobbitgraph.cfg i had some
confrontations with:

> how should i configure the parameters of the hobbitserver.cfg and
hobbitgraph.cfg if i want 3 diferent

> graphs in one page, when the graph name has to be the same as the
column name?

> when trying to get the only graph into the browser i get only an 1x1
Pixel graph...

I can't help with the multiple graphs on one page; I have mine set up
for one graph on the page.

If you're intererested, I can send you my version of bb-mysqlstat.sh
(heavily modified from the one available on Deadcat.net .... )

Here are the relevant parts from hobbitserver.cfg:

NCV_mysql="Threads:GAUGE,SlowQueries:GAUGE,OpenTables:GAUGE,FlushTables:
NONE,Questions:NONE,Opens:NONE,AvgQuerysPerSecond:NONE,Uptime:NONE,FreeB
ufferPool:NONE"

GRAPHS="la,disk,inode,qtree,files,processes,memory,users,vmstat,iostat,t
cp.http,tcp,ncv,netstat,ifstat,mrtg::1,ports,temperature,ntpstat,apache,
bind,sendmail,mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobb
itd,clock,lines,mysql"

Here is the stanza from my hobbitgraph.cfg for the mysql graphs:

[mysql]

        TITLE MySQL Statistics

        YAXIS Number of

        DEF:threads=mysql.rrd:Threads:AVERAGE

        DEF:slow=mysql.rrd:SlowQueries:AVERAGE

        DEF:opentables=mysql.rrd:OpenTables:AVERAGE

        LINE2:threads#FF0000:Threads

        LINE2:slow#00CCCC:Slow Queries

        LINE2:opentables#FF00FF:Open Tables

        COMMENT:\n

        GPRINT:threads:LAST:Threads     \: %5.1lf (cur)

        GPRINT:threads:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)

        GPRINT:threads:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)

        GPRINT:threads:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n

        GPRINT:slow:LAST:Slow Queries\: %5.1lf (cur)

        GPRINT:slow:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)

        GPRINT:slow:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)

        GPRINT:slow:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n

        GPRINT:opentables:LAST:Open Tables \: %5.1lf (cur)

        GPRINT:opentables:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)

        GPRINT:opentables:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)

        GPRINT:opentables:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n

The client side extension script sends up the information which is then
displayed as:

Wed May 27 10:12:53 EDT 2009 - mySQL is OK

Threads            : 10
Slow Queries       : 1
Open Tables        : 89
Flush Tables       : 1