[hobbit] Duration for one round of server side module

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 00:53:49 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe I'm missing something, but...  Why not just grab the system
>>> date/time at the start, again at the end, then subtract one
>>

>> How do I know the end? The clients are constantly feeding data to
>> hobbitd_channel and they may not be coming
>> in sequential order. I may receive data from one host twice who is right
>> next to hobbit server before I receive
>> client data for another host which is in different country
>>

> Looking at the ssmodule sample program, I think I would pick up the start
> and end time in the 'processmessage' routine.  The hostname gets passed
> through to that routine, so you could log a timestamp, the hostname and the
> duration for each host.

But that won't still tell the completion of first round of all hosts or if
any hosts' data been feed more than once while another host data has not
arrived yet

I am guessing using clientlog to pull the data would be simpler. That will
give me definite answer of how long it took to collect data of each host (in
miliseconds) and how long it took to rotate through
all the hosts.

I wish I could get those info from this server side perl script, but I doubt
that is logically possible
given this scenario.

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu