Problem with remotely issuing a bb hobbit "drop host test" command

Forum Response forum at gproof.com
Fri May 1 17:54:36 CEST 2009

> I am trying to issue the following command from a client server
>
> /bin/bb hobbitserver "drop hostname testname"
>
> But on the hobbit server I am getting the following error:
> 2009-05-01 09:25:00 Refused message from a.b.c.d: drop hostname testname
>
> Any help with this would be great!

It sounds like you're looking for the '--admin-senders' option for hobbit as defined in your hobbitlaunch.cfg file. The default restricts admin commands to localhost only.  If you want to send admin commands from a remote host to the hobbit server, you'll need to append the remote ip to --admin-senders

man hobbitd and look for --admin-senders for details.