[hobbit] Problem with remotely issuing a bb hobbit "drop host test" command

Alexander Bech alex at bakarasse.de
Fri May 1 19:28:35 CEST 2009

Kevin Kelly schrieb:

> Bbd is running on the server! I am trying to run this command from the
> client.

man 8 hobbitd:
       --admin-senders=IP[/MASK][,IP/MASK]
              Controls  which  hosts may send administrative commands to
hobbitd. These commands
              are the "drop" and "rename" commands. Access to these
should be restricted,  since
              they  provide  an  un-authenticated  means of completely
disabling monitoring of a
              host, and can be used to remove all traces of e.g.  a
system compromise  from  the
              Xymon monitor.

Is this the problem / solution ?