[hobbit] 4.4.0

J Sloan joe at tmsusa.com
Wed Mar 25 22:19:46 CET 2009

Galen Johnson wrote:
> SVN on sourceforge is just like accessing a web site...you can actually browse to that same link.

Ah - since my svn attempt failed (hung for a long time then crashed and
burned), I was under the impression that svn used a different port from
http and didn't look any farther than this -

jjs at einstein:~$ grep svn /etc/services
svn             3690/tcp        subversion      # Subversion protocol
svn             3690/udp        subversion

But I see now that the real problem was that svn ignored my $http_proxy
environment setting, so it hung on SYN_SENT until it timed out.

Joe