[hobbit] PROC question

Williams, Doug (Consultant-RIC) Doug.Williams at rhd.com
Sat Mar 21 13:53:15 CET 2009

Yup, that did it!  Thanks Much!!!!!
Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristian Nielsen [mailto:knielsen at knielsen-hq.org]
Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2009 4:04 AM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] PROC question

"Williams, Doug (Consultant-RIC)" <Doug.Williams at rhd.com> writes:

> The problem is that any PROC I define to be monitored, that happens
not
> to be within that 1400 lines stays in alarm condition.
>
> I played with setting MAXLINE and MAXMSG_STATUS to very high numbers,
> but to no success

Check `man 5 hobbitserver.cfg`:

       MAXMSG_CLIENT
              The  maximum  size  of  a  "client" message in kB,
default: 512.
              "client" messages are generated by the Hobbit client, and
often
              include  large  process-listings. You should only change
this if
              you see messages in the hobbitd log file about  client
messages
              being truncated.

Note in particular the bit about checking hobbitd log file first. If the
problem is some size limit, the log should have a message about it,
hopefully
showing exactly which limit you need to extend (there are several).

 - Kristian.

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk