[hobbit] PROC question

Kristian Nielsen knielsen at knielsen-hq.org
Sat Mar 21 09:03:54 CET 2009

"Williams, Doug (Consultant-RIC)" <Doug.Williams at rhd.com> writes:

> The problem is that any PROC I define to be monitored, that happens not
> to be within that 1400 lines stays in alarm condition.
>
> I played with setting MAXLINE and MAXMSG_STATUS to very high numbers,
> but to no success

Check `man 5 hobbitserver.cfg`:

       MAXMSG_CLIENT
              The  maximum  size  of  a  "client" message in kB, default: 512.
              "client" messages are generated by the Hobbit client, and  often
              include  large  process-listings. You should only change this if
              you see messages in the hobbitd log file about  client  messages
              being truncated.

Note in particular the bit about checking hobbitd log file first. If the
problem is some size limit, the log should have a message about it, hopefully
showing exactly which limit you need to extend (there are several).

 - Kristian.