[hobbit] If dbcheck slow mode activated, XYmon becomes purple

L.M.J linuxmasterjedi at free.fr
Fri Mar 13 08:48:56 CET 2009

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 18:03:49 -0400, "s_aiello at comcast.net"
<devurrr at gmail.com> wrote:
> if you read the dbcheck documentation, there are values you can specify
in the
> dbcheck.ini to specify the status lifetime.
>
> i.e.
> fastcheck               = 45m
> mediumcheck             = 3h
> slowcheck               = 18h

Hi,

  Well, I already checked it. Thanks anyway ;)

> On Thursday 12 March 2009 17:46:12 nico wrote:
>> Hi,
>> By default, the status lifetime is 20 or 30 minutes.
>>
>> TO change it, you have to edit the dbcheck.pl script and seek the status
line and add a new time:
>> "status+XXXXX" (XXXX is in seconds). In your case 2h = 7200 seconds. You
can add a little more to
>> be sure it won't be purple ... 7400 for instance (status+7400).
>> Hope it will help you.

Thanks for your answers!

So far, I have this at the moment :

>From my etc/hobbitlaunch.cfg
      [dbchecknormal]
              ENVFILE /foo/bar/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
              NEEDS hobbitd
              CMD $BBHOME/ext/dbcheck.pl
              LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/bb-dbcheck.log
              INTERVAL 30m
      [dbcheckslow]
              ENVFILE /foo/bar/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
              NEEDS hobbitd
              CMD $BBHOME/ext/dbcheck.pl slow
              LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/bb-dbslow.log
              INTERVAL 4h

My etc/dbcheck.ini
      [default]
          fastcheck           = 10m
          mediumcheck         = 30m
          slowcheck           = 4h

And finally from my etc/bb-hosts
      0.0.0.0  dbfoo1    # noconn dbchecknormal
      0.0.0.0  dbfoo2    # noconn dbchecknormal
      0.0.0.0  dbfoo3    # noconn dbcheckslow
      0.0.0.0  dbfoo4    # noconn dbcheckslow

What's wrong with my configuration? All databases checked with dbcheckslow
become purple after a while. From what you said, I have to edit dbcheck.pl
and modify status+XXXXX" ?