[hobbit] No data from client

oyvind.bjorge at telenor.com oyvind.bjorge at telenor.com
Tue Mar 10 08:15:35 CET 2009

Thank you!
You are correct. The bb-client is sending with FQDN.
The hobbit-client is reporting only its hostname, because when I created an entry in the bb-hostfile on the server without domainname, it worked.
I found out that this is set by the MACHINEDOTS variable in the ./runclient.sh startup script on the client. So now I use it with domain name again.
Only thing I find a little strange is that I could not see this in any logs on the server.
It should be possible to see the servers that reports with a name that not matches the bb-hosts file. Probably I'm just not looking at the right place....

Øyvind