[hobbit] disable untill ok bug ?

Kip, D. - GDI/SNB d.kip at gdi.minjus.nl
Thu Mar 5 11:58:34 CET 2009

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Stef Coene [mailto:stef.coene at docum.org]
Verzonden: donderdag 5 maart 2009 10:20
Aan: hobbit at hswn.dk
Onderwerp: Re: [hobbit] disable untill ok bug ?

> > That will also mean any page with a 'clear' status will no longer
> > remain green...
> > Make sure you want this effect as well...
> A clear page is still grey, not green.
> As far as I can check, it just means that if you  disabled a test, the
clear page will not trigger it to undo the disable, so it will stay
disabled.

A page full of hosts that is all-green (every dot is green) will display
as a green page.

If one dot (for example the 'conn' check on server X) changes to 'clear'
(grey, as you wish) the page will remain green.

If later, the dot ('conn' for server X again) changes to yellow, the
entire page will also turn yellow (unless there is a 'NOPROPAGATEYELLOW'
setting on that check, of course)

This is desired behaviour of hobbit, as the 'clear' setting is marked in
the configuration as 'OK' and 'yellow' is not. (see previous posts in
this thread)
If you change the setting in the configuration for 'clear' to not be
'OK', pages will change color to 'clear' (yes, grey).

This last bit may not be the behaviour the topicstarter want, so I
wished to warn him about it.

If you were refering to the seperate page for the actual check (dot)
that turns grey, then yes, that will always be grey. As that page (the
'conn' page for server X perhaps?) only refers to the actual check you
are displaying, not a page full of hosts.

//Danny.