Xymon roadmap

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 24 18:15:24 CEST 2009

> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:18:13 +0200
> From: Padraig.Lennon at pioneerinvestments.com
> To: hobbit at hswn.dk
> Subject: RE: [hobbit] Hobbit developer access.
>
> This brings up a good point.. We use Xymon extensively at my company but
> I'm worried about the lack of a long term outlook for the project.

Same here in regard of xymon deployment. But what I am worry about is that we still don't have a team of developers to develop xymon(hobbit). we(including me ;) are still relying solely on henrik's free development effort.

> Is there a roadmap for Xymon?
> If there is where are we on it? If there
> is not should we as a community draw up one?

Can you put down what you like to see in this url ?

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Xymon/Developer_Guide#Development_Road_Map

But put down wish lists is one thing, getting it done by others is another.
Not many xymon developers know C and xymon program architecture and also have free time to work on features in the roadmap.

> Just wondering what people think.. I personally love xymon, but its
> getting harder to sell it to management..

tj