Custom RRD Graph Alerting

Bill Richardson wrichardson at llbean.com
Mon Jun 22 19:09:11 CEST 2009

I have several custom graphs being built in Xymon and would like to
alert on the values in the rrd files being generated. I first setup the
graphs just to get some kind of idea for trending and now after a few
months of graphing I see what is good and what is bad and would like to
alert. Has anyone been down this road? Just looking for other ways to
get alerts without having to build and touch several systems custom
scripts. I found a perl script on cpan that should be able to do this.
This may be a way to simplify custom graph alerts by just having the
Xymon client on the Xymon server run this script every 5 minutes.
Thoughts?

http://search.cpan.org/~rsoliv/rrdpoller/Threshold.pm

Bill