Oversized status message errors

Tom Moore Tom.Moore at sas.com
Tue Jun 9 22:50:46 CEST 2009

MAXLINE="32768"
MAXMSG_CLIENT=1024
MAXMSG_STATUS=512

From: Michael Thompson [mailto:Michael.Thompson at Rentacenter.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 4:20 PM
To: 'hobbit at hswn.dk'
Subject: [hobbit] Oversized status message errors

Hello Henrik,
 We are getting the below errors in Xymon. I saw a few references to this in the mailing list and the fix was supposed to in the hobbitserver.cfg MAX_MSG setting. I can't find that entry in 4.2.3 can you advise on how to get rid of these messages? The messages are being sent from an HPUX system to a RedHat Linux system

Thanks

Latest errormessages:
Oversize data/client msg from x.x.x.x truncated (n=720824, limit 524288)
First line: rachp14|hp-ux|hp-ux
Oversize status msg from x.x.x.x for rachp14:ports truncated (n=504081, limit=262144)

Michael Thompson
Linux Administrator
Rent-A-Center
5501 Headquarters Drive
Plano, TX 75024
Email: Michael.Thompson at Rentacenter.com<mailto:Michael.Thompson at Rentacenter.com>
Phone: 972.801.1412
Cell: 972-841-4307