[hobbit] [Hobbit] URLPlus interest - looking for feedback

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Fri Jul 31 04:14:06 CEST 2009

Hi Gary

I have seen URLPlus, but never delved into it.
Instead, I have been messing about with scripts using curl to try and get web sites checked.
It gets a bit tricky here, because we have internal and external web sites we need to check, some need to go through our proxy, some not.
And then we also need to check external "service" web sites that we require to be up.
And it's all a nice mix of http and https.
Does URLPlus handle proxy servers OK?

Not sure what it needs, since I haven't used it yet, but I would encourage you to continue working on it.

We have a major project deadline we are working towards right now, so time is a premium, but in the near future, I will give URLPlus a go, and let you know what I think.

Regards
     Vernon