Alerts

Harold J. Ballinger hballinger at heritage-healthcare.com
Wed Jul 15 18:05:52 CEST 2009

We have multiple pages of hosts, so my alerts configuration is based on page. Each page may have 20 or more hosts. The problem that I am running into is that I want to receive alerts for all tests for all hosts on the page except there is at times a specific test for a specific host that I want to exclude from the alerts. I want it to show up in the monitoring system, but I don't want to be alerted. However, I do want to be alerted for this specific server's other tests, so I do not want to exclude the entire host, just the one test.

Any ideas on how I can accomplish this without having to make an alert rule for each and every host and without losing the status history in monitoring for the test I want to not hear about?

Thanks!