[hobbit] Password protect certain pages

Harold J. Ballinger hballinger at heritage-healthcare.com
Mon Jul 13 18:53:49 CEST 2009

There was a hobbit-apache.conf in /etc/hobbit that looked like the place to start. I added:

--------------Begin Copy/Paste-------------------
Alias /hobbit/Facilities/  "/var/lib/hobbit/www/Facilities/"
<Directory "/var/lib/hobbit/www/Facilities">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes MultiViews
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

    AuthUserFile /etc/hobbit/hobbitpasswd
    AuthGroupFile /etc/hobbit/hobbitgroups
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Hobbit Administration"

    Require valid-user

</Directory>

I then restarted the server and... it worked like a charm. Thanks to everyone for all of your help!!! It would have taken me forever without a prod or two in the right direction.

Thanks!

Harold Ballinger
Heritage Healthcare, Inc.