[hobbit] trends graph stop graphing

Bryan A Kennedy b-kennedy1 at raytheon.com
Fri Jan 23 19:45:33 CET 2009

Thank you Henrik.  I applied the patch and that fixed the garbled data
messages.  We are still working on the graphing issue, but believe we have
found the issue with network settings on our end.

Regards,

Bryan Kennedy

             Henrik
             =?unknown-8bit?Q?
             St=C3=B8rner?=                                             To
             <henrik at hswn.dk>          hobbit at hswn.dk
                                                                        cc
             01/22/2009 08:59
                                       Re: [hobbit] trends graph stop
                                       graphing
             Please respond to
              hobbit at hswn.dk

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:30:01AM -0600, Bryan A Kennedy wrote:
> Hi.  We are running Hobbit v4.2.0 on a Red Hat Ent Linux WS rel 4 server.
> We have been running it for about two years without any issues (Great
> tool!).  A month and a half ago, the trends graphs stopped graphing.  I
> restart Hobbit/Xymon and the graphs start working for a few hours, then
> stop.
[snip]
> Looking in the rrd-status.log I do see entries with garbled data
> 2009-01-21 11:19:11 Bad data in channel, skipping it
> 2009-01-21 11:19:11 Dropping (more) garbled data
> 2009-01-21 11:22:35 Bad data in channel, skipping it
> 2009-01-21 11:22:35 Dropping (more) garbled data

This brings memories of a bug that I fixed a while back, but I
can see that it has only been fixed in the development version -
not in the 4.2.x series.

I think this patch - should work for both 4.2.0 and 4.2.2 -
will fix your problem. I'll add this for 4.2.3.

(See attached file: channelsync.patch)To unsubscribe from the hobbit list,
send an e-mail to
hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk