mail headers in alerts

Anna Jonna Armannsdottir annaj at hi.is
Fri Jan 23 16:09:45 CET 2009

Hi all.
It seems to be difficult to find any information about configuring
headers in the alert messages sent by hobbit.
in the file hobbitserver.cfg there are some lines that define the
mail command:
# For the hobbitd_alert module
MAILC="mail"				# Command used to send an e-mail with no subject
MAIL="$MAILC -s"				# Command used to send an e-mail with a subject

At our site it is necessary to have a mail header like the following:

The mail command itself does not seem to facilitate
headers.

Maybe someone knows about a sendmail wrapper that
has a mail like interface. Unfortunately I do not know about
the interface of the mail program, so I am not going to
write this wrapper.

--
Kindest Regards, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,       %&   A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Unix System Aministration, Computing Services,   %&   Q: Why is top posting bad?