Monitor Solaris zone from Shire

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Fri Jan 16 17:43:23 CET 2009

Hi and happy new year afterwards ! :-)

I've got a problem with the monitor's script from Shire
mpstat and zonestat .. maybe basicly :-(

I take it, that i've had to run concorruntley both (?!) on the
global-zone, nothing more on client-side ...

On the Hobbit-Server i've to change

a)
hobbitlaunch.cfg

[rrddata]
     ENVFILE /home/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
     NEEDS hobbitd
     CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=data
            --log=$BBSERVERLOGS/rrd-data.log hobbitd_rrd
            --extra-tests=mpstat,zonestat
            --extra-script=/home/hobbit/server/ext/rrd_data.pl
            --rrddir=$BBVAR/rrd

b)
hobbitgraph.cfg :

the entries for

mpstatusr|mpstatsys|mpstatwt|mpstatidl
zonestatcpu|zonestatmem|zonestatnproc|zonestatsize|zonersssize

c)
further ext-script

rrd_data.pl

d)
In the opposite of the webside, i've changed the entry in bb-hosts

from

0.0.0.0   myserver    # zonestat:zonestatcpu|zonestatmem|zonestatnproc|zonestatsize|zonersssize

real.IP-Number myserver # TRENDS:*,zonestat:zonestatcpu|zonestatmem|zonestatnproc|zonestatsize|zonersssize,mpstat:mpstatusr|mpstatsys|mpstatwt|mpstatid

.. because i've got a second entry of the same type but nothing more ...

The trend-graph's of zonestatcpu etc. ... are very strange, because
the curves (entries/values) were n't curves insteed they  are scattered, ..
a jpeg is attachment by that mail ...

.. also the mpstat-graphs for each CPU (32) .. ..

The Hardware is a SPARC-Enterprise-T2000 and the running OS the global-machine
is SunOS  5.10 Generic_120011-14 sparc.

Any hints ?

thanks & cheers,

        martin