[hobbit] Disk volume not showing

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jan 15 16:42:12 CET 2009

In <20090115155045463.00000002456 at lbj-laptop> "Lars Baad Jensen" <lbjensen at consit.dk> writes:

>My host is run hobbit 4.2 on Linux RH
>On some of my machines, the DISK check, will not show all the volumes.
>ie.

>/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
>/dev/cciss/c0d0p1        98747     19643     74005  21% /boot

Typically this is because of an old Linux client that uses plain "df"
instead of "df -P". Without the "-P" option, df will wrap entries
with long device names over two lines, e.g.

$ df /tmp
/dev/mapper/vg_sys-lv_tmp
                        495844      8289    461955   2% /tmp

versus

$ df /tmp -P
Filesystem         1024-blocks      Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/mapper/vg_sys-lv_tmp    495844      8289    461955       2% /tmp

So - check your client software; if it's an old Big Brother client
then I'd recommend updating it to the Hobbit client. If it's a Hobbit
client I wouldn't expect it to do this - but check the
~hobbit/client/bin/hobbitclient-linux.sh script and see what the "df"
command looks like.