[hobbit] Can Hobbit talk over an ssh tunnel?

RENARD Samuel Samuel.RENARD at cg29.fr
Wed Jan 14 08:48:45 CET 2009

It's possible and it's working :

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Xymon/Other_Docs/HOWTO#Monitor_Hobbit_clients_in_a_DMZ_using_reverse_SSH_tunnels

Regards,

Sam

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Gar Nelson [mailto:Gar.Nelson at noaa.gov]
Envoyé : mercredi 14 janvier 2009 00:19
À : hobbit at hswn.dk
Objet : [hobbit] Can Hobbit talk over an ssh tunnel?

I have a client behind a fairly tight firewall that is controlled at a much higher level than me. Getting port 1984 authorized is something that is not going to happen, but port 22 is open going both ways.  As user "bb" on the server, or on the client, I can ssh from one system to the other without a password prompt.

Is there a way to convince Hobbit to talk over an ssh tunnel?

Thanks for any assistance.
Gar

Ce message a ete scanne par l'anti-virus du Conseil General du Finistere.

Ce message a ete scanne par l'anti-virus du Conseil General du Finistere.