[hobbit] Goodbye "Hobbit", hello "Xymon"

Smith, Jim JMSmith at stvincenthealth.com
Tue Jan 6 23:30:50 CET 2009

Ha!  That's too funny!

Jim Smith

SVHS

Little Rock, AR, USA

________________________________

From: Szymon Bakowski [mailto:itsimonb at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 4:15 PM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Goodbye "Hobbit", hello "Xymon"

Hi Henrik,

It just happened that my name is Simon, which in my mother tongue is spelt as "Szymon".

I can see guys from my sys team start blaming me for every single problem once they find out (and a face of my director hearing my name during any glitches - he will soon start relating my name with technical problems - it will be all my fault) ;D  !

Cheers :>

I like it anyway.

All the best

Xymon :D

2008/11/8 Henrik Størner <henrik at hswn.dk>

In <200811081334.13063.stef.coene at docum.org> Stef Coene <stef.coene at docum.org> writes:

>On Saturday 08 November 2008, Henrik St=F8rner wrote:
>>
>> As of today, the official name is "Xymon" (pronounced just
>> like "Simon").

And I can just hear everyone shout "what does Xymon
say?" when there's an outage. Sorry 'bout that, if you
happen to have a Simon on your admin team :-)

Finally, the ultimate sys-admin - the BOFH ! - was created
by a Simon: http://www.theregister.co.uk/odds/bofh/

(Just joking about that last one).

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk