[hobbit] Iostat and/or Xymon graphing bug.

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jan 5 13:37:41 CET 2009

In <A3D12FAD74FC8B46991703F40C182BAB04508C0B9F at permls102.wde.woodside.com.au> "Everett, Vernon" <Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au> writes:

>I have 6 rrd files, with 2 data fields per rrd file.
>When deciding how many graphs are needed, does Xymon look at the number of =
>files, or the number of fields to graph?

>I suspect the number of fields.

Wrong guess :-)

If it's the graph on a status-page, the number of graphs is taken
from an HTML comment "<!-- linecount=N -->" embedded in e.g. the
"disk" status text.

For the "trends" page, Xymon will scan the directory holding the
hosts' RRD-files, and try to map each of them to a known graph.
This is done by comparing the graph-name from the GRAPHS setting
in hobbitserver.cfg with the filename of the RRD-files (e.g.
"disk" with "disk,usr.rrd") and then counting the number of files.