[hobbit] Configuration explanation needed.

Mark Hinkle hinkman at hinkman.com
Tue Feb 24 20:57:48 CET 2009

> What about multicore CPU's here?

This may be a better question for the OS, not xymon. Xymon is only
reporting what the server says for load/cpu usage (or for any other
value for that matter). Based on your disk "C" reference, I am assuming
you question pertains to windows. When I pull up the Task Manager on
Windows, there is a "CPU Usage" monitor/graph/thingy that is reporting a
single value regardless of the number of CPU's the machine has. It is my
belief that this is the value being reported (although I am not involved
in development of bbnt, etc.) For *nix, the "load" is not really a
direct function of the number of cpu's, it is (if I recall correctly) a
count of processes in the run queue. I don't know if "CPU Usage" under
windows is the same thing or some type of aggregation/averaging, etc.
Hope this helps.

later.

--
Mark L. Hinkle