Fresh install, but the .sh files are trying to download instad of execute

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Sat Feb 21 00:59:58 CET 2009

Been banging my head for a couple of hours, so thought I would post.

I've built a Xymon 4.3.0 rpm for Mandriva.  Installed it on a fresh
clean install of Corporate Server 4. But I can't get any of the cgi-bin
files to execute - they attempt to download, and download nothing.  In
my error_log I get:
[Fri Feb 20 17:46:07 2009] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (Mandriva
Linux/WORKER-1.4.20060mlcs4) configured -- resuming normal operations
[Fri Feb 20 17:46:19 2009] [notice] child pid 28818 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

If I try to download the file, it is zero length.  wget just gets
miffed.  Nothing shows up in access_log.

So, I know I'm dealing with a really easy apache problem, but I'm out of
clues.  I've tried using SetHandler and AddHandler.  Might I be missing
a package?  Or???

[mcdonalddj at attritive conf]$ rpm -qa | grep apache
apache-base-2.2.3-1.4.20060mlcs4
apache-mpm-worker-2.2.3-1.4.20060mlcs4
apache-mod_suexec-2.2.3-1mlcs4
apache-modules-2.2.3-1.4.20060mlcs4
apache-conf-2.2.3-1.1.20060mlcs4

My production machine isn't using mpm-worker, having been upgraded a
half dozen times from mandrake 8.2 to current, so there is all sorts of
cruftiness that makes it hard to compare.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy