Graphing Question

Neil Franken nfranken at theunlimitedworld.co.za
Thu Feb 19 14:32:10 CET 2009

Hi All

Quick one. I am running a vbs script called IIS health Check on my
WIndooz machine. It produces a file which is place in the bbwin\tmp
directory and picked up and sent to the XyMon Server. XyMon then
displays the values with a nice graph.

The file looks like this:

<start>

green 2009/02/19 03:18:56 PM

IIS Health Check:

&green Connections:     120

&green RequestsQueued:           10

&green Sessions:             20

<end>

Now I produced a exe which reads performance counter does the same thing
as the IIS check i.e it produces a file called msdiskperf in the
BBwin\tmp directory. However there is no graph.

The file looks like this:

<start>

green 2009/02/19 01:33:56 PM

MS Disk Check:

&green Avg. Disk Queue Length               2.5

&green Avg. Disk Sec/Read         10

&green Avg. Disk Sec/Write        0.1

&green % Disk Time        24

<end>

What do I need to do to include a graph based on the data? Anyone have
some ideas? The data does get to XyMon there is just no graph.

Regards

Neil