[hobbit] RHEL5 and status-board not available bug?

Flyzone Micky flyzone at technologist.com
Tue Feb 17 11:13:12 CET 2009

On Monday 16 February 2009 18:20:55 Buchan Milne wrote:
>You may first want to deteremine whether the cgi is timing out speaking to
>hobbitd, or if there is some other problem.

Is not just the cgi, all the connections going to port 1984 go in timeout,
and the result for bbdisplay is the green page, for the hobbit-clients is
a timeout error into logs and data not sent.

>Yes, in my production environment, problems with hobbitd on the RHEL5 x86_64
>box would not result in any noticeable problems, but again, my workstation
>doesn't exhibit this problem

Ok, so I would like to find some difference in out software if is not a
hardware related, but however the bug for me appear just on x86_64.
I'm using hobbit 4.2.0 + all-in-one-patch at minimun, and tried also 4.2.2,
4.2.3RC1, redhat 5.0, 5.2 and 5.3 with the last kernel distributed with the release.
Local or remote data don't change the result, and for me also an installation
on a fresh 5.3 on x86_64 with hobbit give the same problem: more than 20 clients
appear in timeout after ~30 minutes that hobbit is up; virtual or physical machine
don't change result, is the same.

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses