[hobbit] randomizing execution of tests

Dave Paper cerberus at ginch.org
Sun Feb 15 04:17:08 CET 2009

Now this is what I'm talking about!

Thanks to Ralph, Asif, Larry, Frank and of course, Henrik.

The servers being tested and constantly being improved, but at the
moment, can take several seconds to respond.  While the server is
busy, it chews an entire CPU, so when Hobbit's net tests run in
parallel and hit all 8 servers on the host at once, host runs out of
CPU.

I've dropped the hobbit concurrency down from 512 to 50, but hasn't
had much of an effect.

The patch sounds like it'll do the trick.

Thanks!

-dave

Dave Paper                          cerberus at ginch.org

"Hello, I must be going." --Groucho