Newbie windows client problem with powershell script

Johan Eloff JEloff at media24.com
Thu Feb 5 21:09:17 CET 2009

Hi

I am very new to Hobbit and thus do not know its ins and outs very much. My server is running and is reporting perfectly and I have several windows clients reporting to it 100%
I have a problem with a powershell script that I wrote and I don't know where to start looking. To sum it up, the script just counts the files in some folders and if the count is above the threshold set, output a text file to the bbwin\tmp folder with the status red and then the file count. The file doesn't have an extension and the script does work perfectly and repots the file count correctly. My problem is that the windows client does remove the file as if importing / sending it to hobbit but nothing appears in the web console with regards to status etc.

When I copy the text from the file, manually create a text file (without extension) and paste the exact same text in there it's also removed but then the web console is updated with the status etc. so the text in the file is perfect I assume then. I can only think that powershell creates the file in some weird way that hobbit doesn't like. Where can I check on the client or server what actually happens to the file or what is wrong with it when hobbit "imports" it?

Regards

Johan

This email and its contents are subject to an email legal notice that can be viewed at: http://www.naspers.com/email/disclaimer.html. Should you be unable to access the link provided, please email us for a copy at Helpdesk at Media24.com.
Hierdie e-pos en sy inhoud is onderhewig aan 'n regskennisgewing oor elektroniese pos wat gelees kan word by http://www.naspers.com/epos/vrywaring.html. 'n Afskrif kan aangevra word by Helpdesk at Media24.com.