[hobbit] Interesting question

Patrick Nixon pnixon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 17:56:51 CET 2009

I did something recently that checks the status of the conn column for
a host before running a custom script.

I accomplished it using hobbitdboard

  BBJUNK=`bb localhost "hobbitdboard host=${BBHOST} test=ssh fields=color"`
  if [[ "$BBJUNK" =~ "green" ]]; then
    debugmsg Launching - $BBIP $BBHOST $SSHPRIV $BBJUNK;
    nohup /usr/lib/hobbit/server/ext/pd2a.sh $BBIP $BBHOST $SSHPRIV &
  elif [[ "$BBJUNK" == "" ]]; then
    debugmsg Launching - $BBIP $BBHOST $SSHPRIV $BBJUNK;
    nohup /usr/lib/hobbit/server/ext/pd2a.sh $BBIP $BBHOST $SSHPRIV &
  else
    outputmsg ssh down - $BBJUNK
  fi

Maybe that's something you can adapt for your test?