[hobbit] What's the benefit to change to the latest Xymon version?

Greg Hubbard glh.forums at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 15:55:53 CEST 2009

It seems to me that this is the usual question when ever any software
changes versions -- is the pain of the upgrade offset by the "improvements"
in the in new release?  Everyone has to perform their own analysis.

The obvious reason to upgrade is to "stay current" -- most "bug fix"
activity is based on current releases, and new features are also based on
current releases.  I don't think there are enough Xymon developers to
maintain several version families over the long haul.

But -- no one is going to make you upgrade.  If you are satisfied with your
current release -- stick with it and spend your time on other things!  The
release I use is pretty old, too -- testing the "latest" release is
something I plan to do "when I get around to it"...

GLH

--
Disclaimer:  1) all opinions are my own, 2) I may be completely wrong, 3) my
advice is worth at least as much as what you are paying for it, or your