Centralized configuration through bbproxy

Sigurður Guðbrandsson sigurdur at raforninn.is
Thu Aug 20 14:17:22 CEST 2009

Hi.

I was wondering if centralized configuration for clients (most notably, bbwin) works properly through bbproxy from the central xymon server?

I have many sites, all of which have a local xymon server which forwards messages through bbproxy to itself on a different port (so I can monitor locally) and sends information to my central xymon server. (Actually these servers are old hobbit server installations which I need to update sometime in the near future, they don't have the centralized option yet)

I was wondering if anyone has any experience regarding configuring clients centrally on a central server, propagating the configuration through the bbproxy servers and onto the clients? If so, are you willing to share your experience in the matter (good/bad)?

With regards,

banner

Sigurður Guðbrandsson
Tæknimaður / Technician

Raforninn ehf - Sudurhlid 35 - 105 Reykjavik
Þjónusta og ráðgjöf fyrir læknisfræðilega myndgreiningartækni
Medical Imaging Technology Consulting Group
Netfang / Email: sigurdur at raforninn.is
Sími / Phone: +354 552 2070
GSM / Mobile: +354 867 3573
Veffang / Web: http://www.raforninn.is/