[hobbit] alert if up

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 09:14:53 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 4:14 PM, John Payne <john at sackheads.org> wrote:

> I thought there was a way to do this.... but in some cases, i'd really like
> an alert to fire if certain IP addresses _become_ pingable.  Is this
> possible in bb-hosts or only with some alert scripting?

bb-hosts man page says:

conn
The "conn" test (which does a ping of the host) is enabled for all hosts by
default, and normally you just want to disable it using "noconn" or
"noping". However, on the rare occasion where you may want to check that a
host is NOT up, you can specify it as an explicit test, and use the normal
test modifiers, e.g. "!conn" will be green when the host is NOT up, and red
if it does appear on the network.

Ralph Mitchell