[hobbit] BB-Hosts DOWNTIME

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 19:03:59 CEST 2009

> In reponse to your post, I have tried specifying the time to be DOWN in
> the
> DOWNTIME synatx but that man page says just the opposite:
>
> "E.g. to monitor a site 24x7, except between noon and 1 pm, use
> DOWNTIME=*:0000:1159,*:1300:2359"
>
> This statement puts in the time the system should be UP not DOWN...

Silly question, I assume but you are putting DOWNTIME on the host line?

e.g.

10.0.0.2  hostname # conn DOWNTIME=*:0200:0229

For my setup I only want working hours:

10.0.0.2 hostname # conn DOWNTIME=60:*:*,W:1800:0759

This excludes weekends and evenings (and works perfectly).

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Technical copy-editor & proofreader