[hobbit] Same host 2x in bb-hosts file: 1 for "servers" 1 for services.. How?

Michael Faraci michaelf at alc.org
Mon Apr 27 21:41:16 CEST 2009

See if this helps

http://hobbitmon.sourceforge.net/docs/man5/bb-hosts.5.html#lbAH

Michael Faraci

Network/Systems Administrator

ALC

3305 N. 3rd St.

Suite 301

Abilene, Texas 79603

(325)672-7081 x4

 fax (325)672-7082

-----Original Message-----
From: William Ottley [mailto:wottley at cmicanada.com]
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 2:24 PM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: [hobbit] Same host 2x in bb-hosts file: 1 for "servers" 1 for
services.. How?

Hi all,

One last question here...
I'm trying to structure my page, so that I have 3 areas to test for:
Servers, services & routers/switches/firewall
I'd like to have all the servers listed under the page "servers", with
all
the basic xymon client tests.

I'd like to have all the services under another page "services", with
apache, ftp, mysql, etc.

What I came to realize, is that I get an error, because there are 2 host
entries in the bb-hosts file. On top of that, I'd only like to show just
that test for that server, such as "apache", without showing all the
other
standard client tests such as "cpu, disk, files"

I looked at the demo site, and I have a bb-hosts file for:
"172.16.10.2     www.hswn.dk"
And setup a client like that, but it comes up with all the standard
client
tests.

Can someone point me to documentation that shows how to set up the tests
this way? examples?

Thanks!

William

--
This message has been scanned for dangerous content by MailScanner, and
is believed to be clean.